Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

[20:50 UTC-4]
[+72*F....cloudy....winds southwest @2 mph]
[Now Playing: Handel "Concerti Grossi, op.6 [link]]
   Another very pleasant late Spring day here is the Northcountry of New York State....despite my very late night last night....had the best sleep I've had in weeks....only six hours but with only one brief interruption....and it's been by-in-large a very good day....save my session of poker this morning....wild, chaotic table....and I just wasn't "catching" enough quality hands....it's sessions like that that I'm glad it's a free site....and I'm not betting the "rent money"....just faux game money....
   It being a Tuesday there are two things that I had penciled in for the day....besides the /usual surfing the net....which was interrupted briefly this afternoon when the techs were working on the WiFi....where was I....what was I doing....and why....oh two things....being a Tuesday it's the day housekeeping comes in to clean my rooms and change the linens....and now the day that I take a walk to Big Lots....among other things they have a great selection of spices, unusual snack foods....shrimp crackers for one....and old style soda made with cane sugar....what I drank as a boy...and Tuesday is "Wisdom Day" [aka: seniors get a 10% discount]....I rarely spend more than $10....but....I'm know to be quite frugal....when I  "pinch a penny" they have to take Lincoln to urgent care....
   Later in the day decided to go to Dollar General....I use 2 small note books to record my game play....one for poker and one for solitaire....and was about to use my "backup"....so needed another one....I'm a bit of a stats nerd....got a small package of Dove dark chocolate filled with peanut butter....and of course a small cup of ice cream....and later took some time....twice....just to sit outside and enjoy what was a very nice day....after the stress of my 30+ years of factory work....I choose to live a very simple life....with as little stress as possible....

No comments:

Post a Comment