Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, June 16, 2019

[21:45 UTC-5]
[+62*F....clear....winds n/n/e @6 mph]
[Now Playing: "My Mix of the Day" off Youtube [a very eclectic mix][link]]
   If you can believe the weather forecast should be rain free until Thursday....with highest in the upper 70's*F....but there is an adage in the old Northcountry of NYS....and that is "If you don't like the weather....wait 15 minutes....it will probably change" and the pessimists among us....me being one adds "And probably for the worst".....I live about 20 miles off the end of the last of the Great Lakes before the waters flow into the St Lawrence River which empties into the Atlantic Ocean....which effects our weather....
   My plan was to watch first the US women's soccer match [sorry football] in the World Cup with Chile....and then the two Godfather movies that AMC was showing back....but had just taken care of an opportunity I had on a free poker game I play online and decided I needed a walk....really didn't need anything but the walk...Ollie's first....found a package of nut bars [aka granola] which looked interesting....I always have some type of fruit/seed/nut bar with my banana and yogurt for 1st meal....and then off to Dollar General for a can of mixed nuts & a package of M&M's to replenish my gorp [aka trail mix] which I make myself from the component parts....and of course a small cup of ice cream....
   Have enjoyed my day....game was a good one howbeit a little one sided....and could have been worse but the Chilean Keeper is outstanding....I played the game at the small college level back in the mid to late '60's....and did play some goalie....we had a starter and a backup....but I was referred to as the "disaster goalie"....if they both should get hurt in the same game and could not continue....I would have gone into the nets....I was a  mid-fielder....but in a pinch....could play the goal....and would practice with the keepers one or two practices a week....but have see both of the Godfather flicks many times and just watched them a little at a time....
   And just before dusk just took a long walk....with no reason at all except I wanted to walk....had another restless night last night but I'm feeling much better and I'm hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight....or at least as good as someone like me you takes a med with diuretic properties....oy vey....

No comments:

Post a Comment