Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

[21:35 UTC-4]
[+61*....rain....winds e/n/e @5 mph]
[Now Playing: just another classical mix off Youtube[link]]
   It's rained on and off most of the day....but needed a few things....well it is true that I needed a few things....by the weekend....not necessary today....but needed to walk....got some old style soft drinks at Big Lots....some bananas at Aldi....and some nice cold cuts....before the rain started in the early after noon....and spent the rest of the day re-arranging my pantry, online, and a nice chat with 2 of the other residents
   The geese were out when I came by from my walk....same group of Canada geese I saw a couple of days ago....3 mated pairs with 18 little fuzz balls between them....apparently they've take residence in the small pond that may be all of 25 yards from the back door....
   The diet I eat is heavily slanted towards veggies and root veg in particular....I use meat as a favoring....almost exclusively....but with a bias toward pork products....I love me some bacon....and occasionally some beef....but almost never chicken....oh don't get me wrong....I love their eggs....or at least the egg whites....but except for the occasional chicken wing.....I don't eat chicken....and I mean the bone-in wing....not the so called boneless wing which is in reality just cut up breast meat....and I only eat the wings for the sauce....a couple of places make some mean wing sauce....I'm not sure exactly my hatred of chicken as food comes from....2 possibility....while in college the cafetiere served chicken at least 4 or 5 times a week....and it was frozen, pre-breaded and small....I always suspected it was crow....tough was nails....but it could also be that I grew up rural....my dad worked in a factory....but we had a large garden and a chicken coop....and it was one of my chores to take care of the beasts....with included mucking out the straw from the floor once a week and putting in fresh straw....and in the summer time....the smell....oy vey....come to think of it....it's probably a combination of both....

No comments:

Post a Comment