Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, June 20, 2019

[21:05 UTC-4]
[+63*F....sunny....cloudy....winds n/n/e @12 mph]
[Now Playing: today''s "My Mix" off Youtube [link]]
   First of all the rain that was forecast to be all day....didn't materialize....it did rain in spurts....but by noon the rains had ceased....decided to take a walk to T J Maxx...I go there every week or so....and my only purpose is to take a look at there kitchen item....they have an every changing selection of gadgets and gourmet items....I eat by enlarge a very simple diet....but I love my spices and odd food items....and T J Maxx has a varied selection of interesting item....found a bottle of capers....which i enjoy....but these were packed in sea salt....never see that before....in to the  cart....a jar of artichoke hearts....had been digging through my pantry looking for my jar and found nothing this morning while preparing my typical 2nd meal egg white dish....and there one sat....in to the cart....and I love hot mustard....I currently have two jars....one a Chinese variety....and a sweet-hot variety....but on  the self there sat a jar of hot horseradish mustard....in to the cart....I grew up in a family that cooked in the style of rural german cooking.....if you were to look at a table set for a meal....along with the salt and pepper would be a cruet of cider vinegar and just before the meal they were joined from the frig by a jar of horseradish....and in my dad's mom kitchen....it would have been fresh made....from the roots she had drying in her "mudroom"...I love me some horseradish....and the whole bill came to less that $11....I didn't  mention the other reason I like T J Maxx is what they have....they have at a "fair price"....I think I have mentioned before.....I tend to be a bit frugal....but in the course of deciding to walk....flat forgot about the fact that it had been my intent to watch the World Cup Match between the USA and Sweden....oy vey....alas another senor moment....the rest of the day has been just a quiet, no stress kind of day....which is the way I choose to live....

No comments:

Post a Comment