Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, June 8, 2019

[22:15 UTC-4]
[+65*F....clear....East winds @10 mph]
[high temperature tomorrow predicted in the low +80's F]
[Now Playing: a mix of Mozart/Handel/et al choral works]
   Yes I know I didn't post  yesterday....no I wasn't way....no I wasn't sick or in the morgue....no I was not arrested....I lost my WiFi connection....or rather the hotel I lived in had a problem....and without going into the details it was just over 24 hours before it was restored....nuts....but as luck would have it....for a change....there was some decent TV on today...."High Plains Drifter"...."Starship Troopers"....did I mention that Dina Meyer is in it....and Watched the first half of the Spain vs. South Africa Women's World Cup Match....and will continue to watch selected matches through out the tournament....I actually watch more what we call in the USA soccer....than "American Football".....I prefer soccer over gridiron to watch....and played soccer 50 some years ago at the small college level here in the USA....heck....I'd rather watch rugby than gridiron....
   With the weather as good as it's been the last couple of days I have used every excuse I could think of to walk....but will probably stay in to morrow and may even turn on the AC....with the exception of nine semesters in college.....and the 3 different locations were still in the northeast....I've lived my entire life either in Western NYS or the Northcountry of NYS....the former is in the lee of and "lake effect snow" zone of Lake Erie....and the later is in the lee of and the 'lake effect snow" zone of Lake Ontario....so I think my body has adjusted to the snow and the cold....and I know how to dress for it....don't particularly like it....but I can deal with....but high temperatures of +80*F and higher and the fact that higher humidity usually occurs hand-in-hand with the high temperatures....I have trouble dealing with....truth be told....if I could find a climate that was between 45 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit....365-24/7....I'd move there....I realize that place exists only in my twisted mind....but I can hope.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment