Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

[22:05 UTC-4]
[+65*F....sunny....winds s/s/e @6 mph]
[rain forecast starting tomorrow afternoon and continuing through Monday morning]
[Now Playing: Beethoven "Christ on the Mount of Olives" [link]]
   Although the rain is still hours away....my knees have been "talking" to me all day....and the barometric pressure is already falling....so we maybe in for an interesting few days....but despite the protest from my knees there were just a few things I need for the pantry and frig to get me through until the weather clears....although I suspect there will be brief periods were the rain stops for awhile and Aldi is just across....and I do have decent rain gear....so I walked early and to the convenience store first and past by a group of Canada geese feeding....boy are the goslings growing fast....
   Had intended to stay in for the rest of the day....but early evening decided to walk  to Ollie's....I've been looking for a salt shaker....but because I want it for coarse Himalayan Black sea-salt....I needed one with larger holes....the one I have now is actually a shaker used in some Italian restaurants for grated cheese....I wanted a 2nd one....one for my prep table and for for where I eat....but Ollie's didn't have what I wanted....and on a whim decide to try the "Thrift Store".....they have a whole long shelve of used kitchen utensils, glasses, and miscellaneous things....and low and behold they had a cheese shaker exactly like the one I have....and payed 54 cents for it....49 cents with 4 cents sales tax....and since I had to walk past Dollar General on my way back to my rooms....a small cup of Ice Cream....and I'm prepared to "ride out the storm" on my desk chair....online...

No comments:

Post a Comment