Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, June 10, 2019

[22:35 UTC-4]
[+68*F....rain....winds from the s/s/e @11 mph....rain to continue through  mid morning tomorrow]
[Now Playing: a classical mix off Youtube[link]]
   The rains started today just after noon....and despite the fact that again this morning Ii awoke with stiff joints my first intent was to wait util tomorrow to walk....but felt some better and decided at the very least I should take the short walk to the bank....the branch I use is right next door to the hotel I live in....and just up a pretty steep uphill but quite short....and when I ran cross-country all those years ago....was always good on the steep uphill sections of a course....and the mind still  remembers how to navigate them....the body....well with the help of a cane....piece of cake....I had received in Saturday's post a letter from the bank informing me that the rent on my safety deposit box was due....but I never got it until after noon and the bank is only open to noon on Saturday.....and I thought that I'd better take care of it today.....haven't had it open since December of '09 when I needed my birth certificate to file for my SSI retirement....and put it right back with a couple of other important documents....and for $16.20 /year....it's worth it....now the weird thing about the whole deal is the rent is $15 but by state law is subject to 8% sales tax....and again by state law....the bank has to give you 2 receipts....one for the $15 rent....and another for the $1.20 for the  tax.....ain't bureaucracy grand.....So once I decided to pay the box rent this morning I decided that I was almost half way to Aldi....so might as well "kill two birds with one stone"[link] and go get the few things I needed....
   Have spent the rest of the day in my rooms save for a a spell sitting outside on a bench just before night fall....had a nice conversation with a couple of construction workers who are staying in the hotel while working in the area....

No comments:

Post a Comment