Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, June 2, 2019

[21:45 UTC-4]
[+53*F....clear....winds from the southwest @10 mph]
[Now Playing: another Youtube mix: featuring the Baroque trumpet of Maurice Andre [link]]
   Day was kind of disjointed....It's my habit to start the day playing some online poker....a free site....no actual money changes hands....just game money....faux money if you will....now there are sometimes delays getting on a table on the weekends....I tried for more than 2 hours on and off with no luck....so finally having not got on for  the last time the "table of my choice....decided to move up in class as it were to a higher table....higher buy-in, higher blinds....first 25 minutes were a disaster....no luck at all....but things turned around....and I escaped with a small gain....but threw off my timing for the rest of the day....well game wise anyways....[end rant]
   Besides that has been another quiet day....forecast for the today and the next four is rain on and off during the daylight hours....rained early today....but cleared in the afternoon....so  decided to make a quick run to Aldi to pick up just a few things so if the rain is more continuous then predicted....I'll be fine until Thursday....
   Youtube was on the fritz earlier but seems to have been straightened out....If you are not familiar with the performer Maurice Andre....he was at one time the  premier Baroque trumpet player....when I was younger....and some of the pieces in this mix are from an album....that's right....a vinyl record....which I had when I was in my teens....which is at least in part is the genesis of my love for music of the Baroque period....

No comments:

Post a Comment