Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, June 30, 2019

[19:20 UTC-4]
[+70*F....cloudy....winds northwest@7 mph....relative humidity 67%....]
[Now Playing:"Have His Carcase"[link]]
   As far as I can tell except for some light rain the storm last night was a fizzle....at least around where I live....but still was a very dreary day today until late afternoon....had a errand to run and on the way back stopped at Dollar General for a small cup of ice cream....
   There was a discussion on a group I follow about stringing and biting insects and it reminded me of something that happened many years ago.....
   At the time one of my many duties at work was being in charge of the majority of the inventory and at year end was my job to show the independent auditors around so they could confirm the value of the inventory....we had a couple of storage trailers with bales of scrap plastic stored in them....I had inventoried the contents and had a listing on the back doors....now I had been dealing with the same group for years....and they trusted me....besides the 40,000 lbs. of scrap per trailer were only worth 15 cents a pound....really of no significant value....but this year they had a new guy on  their team....and he insisted that I open the trailer up....I told him I would but we really should wait an hour so I could crack the door and throw a bug bomb into it....I knew there was a hornets nest in the trailer....well  he insisted that I open it right then....so I did....no soon did I get the door opened but this very large hornet came flying straight at us....I turned and the auditor was on a dead run for the backdoor of the warehouse....I saw the leader of the auditors later....and he asked me in jest where I  had gotten the remote control hornet....and I replied in jest that the hornet was a well trained pet....

No comments:

Post a Comment