Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

[21:50 UTC-4]
[+67*F....clear....winds s/s/w@8 mph]
[weather tomorrow partly cloudy with temperature in the low 80's F]
[Now Playing: "Lt. Harrington of Shado"[link]]
   Today was a very comfortable day....temperature in the high 70's F....with a nice  breeze....and it was Tuesday so was expecting housekeeping today....they were a little later than usual but as usual did a very good job cleaning my rooms.....and being a Tuesday.....made my mid-morning walk to Big Lots....Tuesday is "Wisdom Day" their name for the day 55 yrs. old and up get 10% of the cost of what they buy....and I've been known to be quite frugal....besides they have some interesting things....especially in unique and different food items....besides a couple of bottles of old style soda....got a package of edamame....never had it before....very nice....and it's now mixed in with my gorp [aka: trail mix]....and something I've always wanted to try but have never seen it in a store before....a container of black garlic....a bit pricey but got it anyways [-10% of course]....had some  with my egg dish for second meal....and will definitely use it again....with discretion....as I do with my truffle infused evoo....not to  mention the bottle of caviar....
   Got antsy waiting for housekeeping and walked to Ollie's and Dollar General....didn't buy anything at Ollie's but did get a small package of cookies at Dollar General and a bag of peanut butter filled pretzel bites....and no cup of ice cream....had some Italian ice in the frig and had that when I got back to my rooms....
   TNT was showing Star Wars episode I @15:00 so watched that...I've seen the first 7 episodes and episode I is my fav....and the only one I watch repeatedly....and then just a walk in the early evening....so I've had rather a busy day....but in many ways a restful day as well....but I'm growing a bit tired now and am thinking seriously about heading off to bed....I both live and choose to live a very quiet and stress free life....and today marks 20 months sober....and also the dietary changes I made at the same time....and my health is as good as its' been in several years....so I'm just going to keep on doing what seems to be working....

No comments:

Post a Comment