Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I have gone through 59 winters, well make that 58 and one half…and this one is the strangest I remember….(obviously the first 5 or so are a blur)…we got 15+ inches of snow Sunday into early Monday…and it was in the 50's F today…not the first time this has happened this winter…I think we’ve gotten more rain then snow…and we are in a part pf upstate NY that’s know for cold and lake effect snow…really a strange winter…

I got physically beat up at work today…3+ hours on the forklift is enough to beat you up physically even if you aren’t 58 years old…but add into that the gorilla load that a baled scrap load can be…dang I hurt all over…stopped for take out seafood tonight…and basically shocked the fry cook…I usually get a half pound of deep fried haddock…and 12 ozs. of fries…but added a quarter pound of deep fried squid tonight…a couple of side salads…and as I checked out noticed some small pieces of Crogan baloney…and added that to the deal…it would be impossible to explain what Crogan baloney is other then to say that it is a very interesting spiced sausage that is found only in the northcountry of NY, and only made by a few places in and around the little burg of Crogan…

But have kicked back and relaxed tonight…one outbound tomorrow…scheduled for the AM and I will take tomorrow PM off if I can swing it…

Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment