Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Spent more time at work this AM then I had intended, figured I could pop in for an hour and get out of there but was there 1.7 hours…had to make a run to the warehouse to check 0092 count, and then had various other delays…including but not just a computer lockup…stop at the bread outlet and got something called bagel bread…not sure how to describe it’s a tad weird…some of the elements of bread and some of the characteristics of a bagel…not bad but not sure I’ll ever get it again…as with most compromises…it tries for the middle ground and although it might achieve the middle ground who the heck wants to stand there (hehe)
But the day, that is other then the very strange sandwiches I’ve had with the aforementioned bagel bread…has been gentle and kind to the trollie…a weird result from the passing of cat Lilly is that the two remaining seem to be working out a truce…Smoky was Lilly’s main “bud”, and Aggie was her main foil…and while there has been a great deal of animosity between the remaining two in the past they seem to be coming to a more cordial place…I am always blow away but the combination of dealing with a situation and just refusing to deal with it other then to attack and hiss and spit which is a cat…can't live with them…can't live without them…unlike the female of the human species…which at my age I can live without…
Need to think about bath and sleep, as I need to be at church by 8AM on the morrow, worship team is involved in both services and I teach adult Christian ed. between the two services…makes for a 3.5 hour commitment every Sunday which I both enjoy…and at times regret when I really would like to sleep in at least one day a week…but I will deal and get over it…I need to make an appearance at work every day the plant is open unless I can con my boss into taking one of the weekend days…right now we are working 24/6…but at times that’s 24/7…and that really gets to be a drag because I either have to get in to work by 6:30 or & AM or stop on my way home from church…either way a pain in the neck…
(Note: trollie just realizes he is on the second page of this post in “word” and had not intended to write a novella tonight…wonders if he got stop now or if he will continue to babble like a brook)…

Has turned cold the last week or so…actually what I should say is that it has turned seasonal…this has been the strangest winter I’ve ever seen up here in the northcountry…has been very uncharacteristically warm and rainy…if mid 30’s can be considered warm, but for a north country winter that’s absolutely steaming…was –16*F Thursday morning which is actually quite typical for this time of year here, but since it hasn’t been typical this year I’m struggling with the drop in temperature…knees are killing me tonight…had to resort to a very early application of heat rub on the bad knee…arthritis is killing me tonight…I have learned to deal with…even ignore a certain background level of pain that comes with the arthritis…but to night I can not ignore it and am having a great deal of problems dealing with it…
Nite all…

No comments:

Post a Comment