Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, February 5, 2006

I have had a really bad day…I woke up in a very bad place on every level…but particularly physically…cold was worse and knees hurt bad…went to church for Sunday school only…just taught my adult CE class and left…was feeling better and then just before 4 PM decided to watch the final round of the golf tournament…cat lilly was sitting on her fav pillow in the living room but was down and acting strangely…I picked her up and she was definitely in trouble…had a seizure and passed out…and although I got her to the vets within 25 minutes it was too late…she was gone…d*mn…she apparently had a tumor just below her eye that I just hadn’t seen…vet found it almost immediately…I missed it…d*man…I don’t know if it would have made a difference but apparently it impinged on her brain or a vital nerve and she was gone…lilly was a rescue at about 18months and only weigh 28 ozs. … Vet said given that and the fact that she had a tumor…cancer at only about 5 years old suggest that she might have had feline leukemia as a kitten and although it was cured…cats with that history tend to early tumors…but as an ASPCA rescue they didn’t know…if I had know I would have checked that sweet thing every day…d*mn…I know it’s really not my fault but…d*mn…so I’m down to 2 cats…called the daughter and she said…”well you’ll probably be heading to the ASPCA this week…” and I replied…maybe in a month or so but not right away…d*mn

No comments:

Post a Comment