Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, February 3, 2006

Oh dang what a day, what a lousy day…I awoke to the alarm…I hate that…overnight the cold I have blossomed into full bloom…I awoke stuffed up feeling miserable…and every joint in my body aching…and if there was anyway I thought that I could have called in sick today and they (that is the plant I work for) could have covered for my absence I would have called in sick…but they couldn’t…so I couldn’t…I have over 35 years service…call it dedication…call it stupidity…call it what you want but I went in and managed to do the deed…
One thing I really hate…probably more then anything on the face of this earth is to have someone who has no real idea of what I do…and couldn’t “do the deed” with anything less then 5 people helping them…but they think that they can tell me how to do my job…dang…
So late in the day I’m loading 8 pallets on the truck for the ‘Cuse to be switched to another trailer for delivery down south…I hear a pop and a snap and I’m in big trouble…the lift hits the right wall of the trailer and I’m in big trouble…
My first instinct is to jump and run, and get the h*ll off the trailer but I remain calm, manage to drive the lift off and then go out side to check what had happened…the 4 support beams that the dollies rest on…(the drop down supports that hold a trailer up when a tractor is not underneath it) had twisted and buckled…I was fortunate that the trailer hadn’t twist completely and ended up on it’s side or broken in half…my guardian angels deserve hazardous duty pay on that one…
So at days end I was all in but needed to replace my mouse…just as I was getting ready to shut down last night my optic mouse died…no little red light…so ended up first at big lots…okay so I’m cheap but they didn’t have anything…and then to staples…got another optic mouse…with a adapter for either a USB port or the PS2 port…tried it in the USB port first…no joy…I needed the disc for the ME software that I don’t have…for what ever reason my Ex took it when she left me…why the heck I’ve never figured out because her computer ran XP…but fortunately it came with an adapter that would fit either the USB port or the PS2 port and plugged into the PS2 it’s “plug and play”…
Had a lite dinner of some leftovers and set a pot to boil with the fixing’ for pea soup…and a late supper of pea soup and buttered hard rolls…
I feel decent tonight…despite the fact that I have to make an appearance at work tomorrow…despite the fact that I might have to spend a half day there on a Saturday…I hate overtime…of which I already have 3 hours this week…mind you I love the extra money…but not withstanding …I hate working even 1 minute on the sixth day…that means no day this week without the alarm being set…of all of the inventions created on GD’s green earth I hate the alarm the most…I also hate cattle prods but that’s an entirely different story (hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment