Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, October 3, 2019

[19:16 UTC-4]
[+50*F....cloudy....winds: e/s/e@8 mph....humidity: 93%....barometer: 29.90" \/ ]
[Now Playing: a Youtube mix featuring: Spike Jones [bio] [link]]
   When I awoke this morning I checked the weather forecast as I always do....because I don't drive anymore and walk where ever I go....I need to  know how to dress....and whether it's going to rain this time of year and snow will be flying pretty soon....plus in Winter wind chills can be -25*F and even lower....I remember a day in the 1970's when the temperature was -55*F and there were 55 mph winds....wind chill was below -100*F....and frost bite and/or hypothermia could occur in under a minute....obviously we went nowhere that day....but this morning there was an orange banner over the current local weather....and an alert from the National Weather Service....a frost/freeze is predicted Friday overnight until early Saturday....[I put a copy of that alert in the footer above the pix of Watertown in Winter....thought that was an appropriate place for it]
   Did find a "hole" in the weather and went to Price Chopper to re-supply my frig with root veg and assorted peppers....also made a stop at T J Maxx and for the first time in a long time nothing jumped off the shelves and into my cart....never go there looking for anything specific but almost always find something I need that I;d didn't know I needed it until I saw it on the shelf....the rains will return overnight but will stop probably before dawn....and then clear but colder through Saturday....
   Still have to wrap up the day....not sure but I might stop back and add to this but for now and if I don't....nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment