Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

[20:53 UTC-4]
[+54*F..rain..winds: southeast@12 mph..humidity: 91%..barometer: 29.78" /\ ]..
[Now Playing: a Youtube mix...oompah music [listen]]..
   Dang..raining now through about 01:00 tomorrow..then clear until AM Thursday..which is almost completely different from the advanced forecast the week which I made my shopping/walking plans on..rains never began today until just a few hours ago..and actually walked twice...early morning to Big Lots...got a couple of bottles of cherry lemonade sparkling water, a bottle of Powerade zero sugar, and another spice mix..then later to Dollar General..a bottle of salad dressing and when I got them home the wrong size paper plates..not that I won't use them..but had enough of that size..was short on the size I intended to buy but didn't..dummkopf..although I have some nice microwave bowls for cooking..I eat off paper plates..I hate washing anymore dishes than absolutely necessary..I fact more often than not I just eat my meals out of the bowls I used to cook the meal..
  But because I had pre-planned to stay in tomorrow to avoid the expected rain, I probably will anyways..at least in the morning to early afternoon..USA network from 08:00 through to 15:00 is showing 'NCIS" re-runs..and the episodes from the Ziva era..the new ones I just can't tolerate..but then most of the TV shows and movies I watch off Youtube are older..I almost never watch the major network programming..unless for the occasional sporting event..
  I love the fall..it is by far  my favorite season..but I have grow to hate the month of October..as far as TV programming is concerned..I see no reason why several of the cable networks are showing nothing this month except for Halloween or horror movies..good grief..I have never been terribly fond of horror/monster/Halloween flicks..for that matter of the fuss made over Halloween..even as a kid I could take it or leave..of course part of that was because I grew up rural..I never saw any value in of walking a mile to visit a half dozen houses to get a couple bars of candy..I did however pull a gag on our church youth group as a teen..I let be known that I wasn't going to attend the annual hayride/Halloween party..and the girl next door..told everyone she was bring a girl from school with her..anyways when the masks were removed at the end of the party it was it was me dressed up as a witch..and nobody has figured it out..did I every mention I love pranks[link]..I spent many hours in the principles office in high school, and also the Dean of Students office in college..but they were never able to actually prove my involvement..but I don't need Halloween to pull a prank..which reminds me its been awhile since I've pulled one...hum..
   Everything has been put to bed for the night..one more quick look at "The Farthest Side" and then to bed...nite all...

No comments:

Post a Comment