Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, October 10, 2019

[21:34 UTC-4]
[+50*F....clear....winds: east@4....humidity: 75%....barometer: 30.24" /\]
[clear to Saturday....rain early Afternoon until mid-evening....clear Sunday....AM rain Monday]
[Now Playing: Al Hirt "Struttin' Down Royal Street" [link]]
   Was a pleasant day if a bit on the chilly side....which is my kind of weather....at the Doc's suggestion I've added a salad to my mid-day meal....and am using a slightly small dish for  my egg white dish with root veg....but really didn't have a decent salad bowl....so walked early to look for one at the "Thrift Store"....rats....didn't open to  10:00 am....and it was just after 09:00....looked at both Ollie's and Dollar General....no joy....but did get a bag of Pretzels at Ollie's....and a mid-afternoon walk to "Price Chopper" for some salad fixings....and yes their had horseradish root....had a  chat with the pharmacist, told her I had about a weeks supply left....and I stop in next week....she asked if I wanted her to "put" them up today....no....I'll stop, let you know....take a walk to "Dollar Tree" & 'T J Maxx"....swing back down here and pickup a few things and stop by here....[the other two stores are in the same plaza as "Price Chopper"].....so just before 19:00 I took another walk to the "Thrift Store" and found the salad bowl I wanted....actually found 3 that fit the bill but only bought the one....under 2 buck....
   Had a nice chat this AM when I went out to the lobby to get my yogurt & muffin from the breakfast buffet....she was a quest of the hotel....heading for a funeral....[first two buildings in the facility where I live are a "Travelodge" and the 3rd building where I live is designated "Arsenal St Housing"....something to do with NYS Tax Law....]....nice lady....but I have training/experience in counseling....so I hope I helped....
   Getting late....last check on emails and "The Farthest Side"....and maybe one last game of Spades and I off to bed....nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment