Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

[20:51 UTC-4]
[+51*F..rain..winds: w/s/w@10 mph..humidity: 96%..barometer: 29.48" \/ ]
[rain continuing through late evening tomorrow, the clear and cooler through Monday]
[Now Playing: a mix featuring mostly choral music [link]]....
   The rain started just about when predicted and has continued all day and forecast to continue through tomorrow evening....I've taken two walks today....and plan to take the same two walks tomorrow....first one around about 07:00 to the lobby to get my muffin and yogurt from the breakfast buffet....and late afternoon again to the lobby to get my nightly toffee coffee....in other words I have not been outside today....nor to I plan such activity for tomorrow....actually I have some quite sufficient rain gear....and would walk if it was necessary....and have in the past....but have no plans to do so tomorrow....
   Spent a good potion of the morning and earlier afternoon watching NCIS re-runs on the USA network....and the rest of the day online....the usual Poker, Bridge, Spades and solitaire games....did some fairly major changes to "Trollie's Game Room" and my usual duties as a moderator on the "The Farthest Side"....
   Almost took a header this morning when getting ready to go to the breakfast buffet....now back in the day I was a pretty good athlete and had very good balance....but one of the effects of the essential tremors is it affects your balance....so had put on my hat [never go outside the rooms with out a hat]...and took a quick spin to grab my cane....and if i hadn't steadied my self on the nearby wall would have fallen....the problem is my mind remember how to execute the maneuver....the body however is no-longer capable of said maneuver....as to the hat....force of habit....I managed an industrial warehouse for many years....a very dusty warehouse....and the hat kept my hair relatively clean....besides the trucking companies that we used were more then happy to give me a never ending supply of hats....of course with their logo on it....no left now...just a  few things to wrap up....nite all....[note: since I mention Essential Tremors from time to time have added a link on the sidebar in "Useful Links"]

No comments:

Post a Comment