Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, October 4, 2019

[20:07 UTC-4]
[+42*F....partly cloudy....winds: e/s/e@1 mph....humidity: 81%....barometer: 30.36" /\ ]
[Now Playing: "Handel's "Water Music" off Youtube [link]]
   Although we are under a possible frost/freeze alert....in the city here the forecast is for mid-30's F overnight....but I suspect that in the outlying areas especially the Tug Hill area the temperature will dip below the freezing point....
   Did walk twice today....late afternoon just to walk and did stop at the convenience store for a bottled water and a chat with the manager....I got a bottle of Fuji water....overpriced if you ask me but bought as much for the bottle as for the water....I bought a small sling bag for when I take my "just walks".....it has room for my compact binoculars and a place for a smallish water bottle....and the Fuji bottle is just right.....
   Earlier I made a walk to Ollie's and Dollar general....was going to get another bottle of olive oil....that I use in cooking my egg white dishes....but have been thinking about trying another type of oil....and ended up with a small bottle of sunflower oil....used it today and seems to me to work just as well as the evoo I've been using and is cheaper....I couldn't really taste any significant difference, will add it to my pantry....thinking about trying grape seed oil as well....can get that at Aldi....
   Have spent the rest of the day as I often do....still things to finish up....so will say....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment