Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, October 6, 2019

[19:53 UTC-4]
[+62*F....cloudy....winds: south@11 mph....humidity: 85%....barometer....30.02" /\ / rain is predicted to start around 23:00 this evening and continue through early afternoon tomorrow....from there thru Friday....mostly sunny with daytime highs in the mid-60's F....]
[Now Playing: another mix off you tube [link]]....
   Except for a brief walk this afternoon have spent the day in my rooms....it was a cool, and damp day....but did take a walk to Ollie's and Dollar General late afternoon....a bottle of cumin & a couple of bags of Claeys old fashioned hard candy....I grew up rural in the 50's & 60's and many of the farmers in the area would have a bag of Claeys in one of the pockets of their bib overalls....speaking of bib overalls when I work machine maintenance at the plant many moons ago....I would wear bib overalls....first many pockets and I could store all the basic tools I might need in the multiple packets that had....and the bib kept your shirt clean....after Ollie's went to Dollar General....a couple of packs of cookie's....and a bag of fried pork skins....Chicharrones [dang....apparently spell-check does like fried pork shins....I got the dread red line....I get sometimes when I use words from Latin or Yiddish....but] which I am happily munching while I write this post [the Chicharrones not spell-check]
   Haven't watched a "down" of American Football today.....now I did play some sandlot football when I was a kid....but never organized....but did play the real football [what we call soccer]....at the small college level....and if we would have celebrated after a score like the  modern day athletes do whatever the sport....later in the game one of the opposing athletes would express his displeasure with your actions in a very physical way....and the elaborate celebrations just turn me off....even as an armchair spectator.....
   Still have a few things to finish up before I call it a night....night all.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment