Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, October 28, 2019

[19:20 UTC-4]
[+55*F..clear..winds: e/s/e@2 mph..humidity: 72%..barometer: 30.14 /\..no rain through Wednesday/ rain predicted for Thursday through Friday AM..winds in excess of 20 mph predicted for Friday Am as well..Now Playing: a classical mix [listen]]..
   Walk twice today..mid morning to Ollie's..bananas, a bottle of french salad dressing, three bottles of fruit flavored sparkling water, some good german dark chocolate, and a package of black forest ham..and a box of "store brand" hot pockets..except the last two items the rest are all common purchases for me but I was in the mode for a ham sandwich and the the hot pockets went into the freezer to become part of my "winter pantry"..for days which are approaching when I may not be able to walk out..then a late afternoon walk to The Dollar Tree..a backup jar of spice & a cheese burger..[also for the winter pantry]..then to T J Maxx..a bottle of garlic hot sauce and a bottle of dried shallot..why..because they were there and insisted that I give them a good home..well it's my story and I'm sticking to it..final stop Price Chopper..a red bell pepper, a parsnip & a bottle of pepperoncini [[link][apparently spell check has never heard of pepperoncini..but wanted to change the word to pepperoni..both italian in origin but hardly the same thing]]..and again a baffled checkout clerk who didn't know what a parsnip was and then had trouble finding it on the list..have had the same thing happen with horseradish root and  celery root..not to mention different kinds of peppers..oy vey..but I do enjoy veggies that aren't necessarily presently in vogue..when it come to food I tend to be old school rural in my tastes..but then I was born in 1947..
   I think I mention that I had been looking for a poetry group or two on FB..joined two..but after seeing what was being posted..oy vey..the poetry was by enlarge pretty bad..plus there were too many posts that had nothing whatsoever to do with poetry..so have left both groups..dang I wish G+ was still there..
   Except for my /usual hour+ of poker online early this morning..started play @05:46..haven't played as much as I usually do..besides the couple of hours shopping..took two hours to prepare my mid-day meal..eat it and then just actually sit in my recliner and watch TV..just a relaxing, restful, and enjoyable day..a few last things to attend to but on and off line..ergo..nite all..  

No comments:

Post a Comment