Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, October 24, 2019

[19:31 UTC-4]
[+53*F..mostly cloudy..winds: w/s/w@8 mph..humidity: 72%..barometer: 30.22"/\]
[rain forecast for most of the evening tomorrow]
[Now Playing: Richard Wagner "The Ring Without Words" [listen]]..
   It rained on and off most of the morning and into the early afternoon..spent the morning as I often do online..but the rains had stopped around 14:00 and decided to walk to Price Chopper..when I had filled the prescriptions for my meds awhile back at the in-store pharmacy they had been out of the B-1 that the Doc had prescribed..just like they had been six months ago..and ways I had a lot left..but had wanted to get all three at the same time..anyways decided to go and pick it up today..and while there see if the had any baguettes at the in-store bakery..they did have any when I was in earlier this week..had a couple of different kinds but I got the multi-grain..and again wedged in my sling bag and walked home with the last 10 or so inches sticking out the top of the bag..there are very few things I enjoy more then eating a good hunk of crusty bread..especially when there's some cold cuts and cheese nestled inside..
   Besides that it's been a fairly peaceful, stress free day, except that the damp weather has been "playing hob with" my knees [link]..I've had a problem with chronic tendinitis [link] since I was 15 years old..and damp days with low barometric pressure has always effected my knees..I played sport with a tad to much enthusiasm when I was younger..played what we in the USA call soccer..and among other sports ran 20K road races, a couple of marathons [including "Boston"]..and volleyball to name just a few..actually almost any sport that involved a ball..
  Stayed up a little later than normal for me tonight so I'm starting to nod off while typing this post..still have to button up "Trollie's Game Room" for the day..just after 20:00 and check the TV listing for tomorrow as I always do..a last check at "The Farthest Side"..emails..and maybe a snack..so will say..nite all..
    

No comments:

Post a Comment