Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, October 13, 2019

[19:54 UTC-4]
[+55*F....clear....winds: s/s/e@4 mph....humidity: 53%....barometer: 29.91" \/ ]
[rain tomorrow from mid-morning to early afternoon....rain both Wednesday & Thursday]
[Now Playing: "The Dixie Rebels" [link]]
   Had a nice dinner and chat with my sibs and there mates....as I write this if everything went according to plan....there should be in or near Gettysburg Pa now....on there way to their winter digs in Florida....and there until May....truth be told....I have never contemplated as more south....I grew up in the "lake effect snow area" [link] off Lake Erie....thee family moved to Watertown NYS....the summer after I  graduated high school....and except for 9 semesters in college [all spent in either the southern tier of NYS or northern Pa.] I have spent the rest of life In the "lake effect snow area" off Lake Ontario....I like the seasons....sure if the wind is out of the n/n/w we get out weather off Hudson Bay....back in the '70s we had a day with a low temperature  of -55*F and 55 mph winds....windchill in excess of -100*F....only day I can remember the city here was shutdown  by the cold....but I can deal with cold....dress for the cold....better than I deal with the heat and high humidity....
   Have spent the day as I almost always do....in my rooms and online....except for a brief walk to Big Lots....while checking my spices this morning realized I was almost out of Turmeric and a look in the pantry revealed I needed [okay wanted] a couple of bottles of Cherry Lemonade sparkling water....the sparkling water I usual get at Aldi [cheaper price] but they don't carry that variety...and decided to walk today rather than Tuesday....my excuse was I didn't want to forget the Turmeric but the real reason I needed an excuse to walk...also took my late afternoon early evening walk....which is occurring earlier every day....tonight the sunset was @18:22:59.....and in December the sun will rise around 07:30 +/- and set around 16:30 +/- ....when I was still working there were many a day when I left for work in the dark and went home in the dark and I was working day shift....
   Still things to do before I head off to bed....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment