Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

[20:13 UTC-4]
[+70*F....rain....winds: w/s/w@10 mph....humidity: 94%....barometer: 29.83" ~ ]
[rain now and with a few breaks will continue through early afternoon tomorrow]
[Now Playing: Beethoven's 9th [link]]
   Was online early as usual....rain and thunder in the distance....about 07:45 went out to the lobby to grab a corn muffin, a black cherry yogurt, and some breakfast sausage, that I got to  include in my egg white dish for second meal....just after 08:00 tried to log back on....no WiFi....and was off until about 10:15....so decided as the rains had ceased to take my usual Tuesday morning walk to big lots....a couple of bottles of cherry lemonade sparkling water and a tin of bean dip....between the rain this Am and this evening it was in the 80's F....and 80% humidity....but a brisk breeze so walked to Ollie's and a bottle of Worcestershire Sauce....and Dollar General for a six pack of 7.5 oz. Docter Pepper....but skipped the small cup of ice cream....had a frozen juice stick when I returned to my rooms....During my walks had a nice conversation is Big Lots....with a nice lady, another customer about my age....at Ollie's with a couple of the check out girls who I like to tease and they give it right back....and with one of the staff at Dollar General who I  discovered had grown up rural, like I had....nice kid....so it's been a pleasant day despite the rain and T-storms....or what my daughter when about 2 or 3 used to call "bumder, bumder, boom, booms" as she was beating feet to sit in the middle of her bed....and would add "we're goin' to get sizzled".....
   Housekeeping was in today just as I was removing my finish 2nd meal from the microwave, mixed root veg....4 different varieties of peppers, some red onion, the aforementioned sausage....a few baby greens....a little evoo....and 10 differnt spices from my ever growing collection....and some cheddar and blue cheese....and of course the liquid egg white....dang almost forgot the fresh grated horseradish root I have on hand....did I ever mention I like my food spicy....so I sat in my recliner, ate my meal with a bottle of fruit flavored sparkling water....and stayed out of the way....a small piece of good dark chocolate for dessert....
   Time to wrap up the day and head off to bed....night all....

No comments:

Post a Comment