Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, October 5, 2019

[20:59 UTC-4]
[+45*F....clear....winds: e/s/e@6 mph....humidity: 69%....barometer: 30.29 \/ / rain to start late afternoon tomorrow....and continue through 13:00 Monday, with a break in  the early morning hours]
[Now Playing: Baroque Adagios [link]]
   When I opened the drapes this morning and looked out on the lawns there was definitely "frost on the pumpkin" the overnight low was 29*F [-2*C].....but it turned into a very nice Autumn day....walked just before 10:00 when it had warmed up to mid-40s F....and just a light breeze, and the only clouds in the sky were just light wisps at the horizon....I  make no bones about the fact that Autumn is my favorite season....a quick walk to Aldi....had made a list....and actually took it this time....only one problem....I forgot to put butter on the list....rats....but did get some grape seed oil and used it this morning in my usual egg white dish....didn't notice any real difference....so will added to my list of oils....
   By early evening the temperature had risen to mid 50's F and with the rain forecast for tomorrow through Monday decided to take the walk to Price Chopper....a red bell pepper, red cabbage, and a sweet potato....no list but I did remember to pickup a half pound of butter....ran into an old friend and his better half....I've know RW for just a tad over 53 years....met him August of '66 when we moved up here from the Buffalo NY area....he's a bit younger that I and just retired....it's been a few years since I've seen him....that is if you don't count the time this summer I was walking and he drove by and yelled at me....
  I'm trying very hard not to nod off to sleep as I write this....only a final look at emails and a checking at "The Farthest Side" on FB remain to be done before I'm off to bed.....maybe a snack and a little TV....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment