Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

[20:29 UTC-4]
[+50*F....cloudy....winds: n/n/e@9 mph....humidity: 79%....barometer: 30.05" /\ ]
[rain tomorrow starting around 16:00 and continuing through 04:00 Friday]
[Now Playing: today's "My Mix" off Youtube [link]....
   The rains stopped mid-morning but left in it's wake a mid-50's cloudy day, with a brisk breeze, maybe a bid to humid for my tastes but basically my kind of weather....Just a quick trip to Aldi....for the usual things....I was down to my last apple fritter....the come four to a pack...I bag the separately and store them in a mini-frig set as cold as it will go....I like them a lot but....a 4 pack will last me a couple of weeks....it's a once in awhile treat....same thing with soda pop....I buy a 6 pack of 7.5 oz. cans....again lasts a couple of weeks.....just a once in awhile treat....but the checkout girl was giving me a hard time because I hadn't bought any cheese....actually it is a rare thing...now I'm not talking the plastic wrapped sliced cheese common in the USA....I'm talking real cheese....bricks, wedges, et al....
   Have spent the rest of the day as I always do, online Poker, Bridge, Spades and 11 different Solitaire games....keeps my mind sharp....and spend time vetting new members for the FB group "The Farthest Side"....in the process I often find things I'll "steal" & posted else where, also some interesting pages to follow....mostly ones I disagree with....but find that reading opposing views helps me defend if necessary my own POV....I never comment on the page....just read....I'm off to put "Trollie's Game Room" to bed for the night....but the plan is I'll be back here in a bit.....
[20:57 UTC-4]
   So every thing is basically done for another day....one last check in at "The Farthest Side" a last check and emails....and off line on go....maybe a  little TV but it's almost bedtime....I almost  always am up by between 05:00 and 05:30....it's been a long day for this grump, gimpy old codger....nite all...

No comments:

Post a Comment