Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

[21:17 UTC-4]
[+48*F....clear....winds: e/s/e@4 mph....humidity: 78%....barometer: 30.33" /\ ]
[ nice through Friday....daytime highs mid-60's F....showers predicted for Friday PM ]
[Now Playing: J.S.Bach "Brandenburg Concertos 1-6" [link]]....
   Was a really nice day today....being a Tuesday two things were on the schedule....my walk to big lots to take advantage of the 10% senior discount....did get much....never do and the weekly visit by housekeeping....but when checking my budget this morning realized that it was time for my every ten day [+/-] visit to the ATM to get 10 days of walk around money....since the ATM is in the same direction as Big Lots, I could  have done both in one trip....but since I had planned to make a loop after Big Lots to Price Chopper to check if they had gotten horseradish root in [they hadn't] and a stop at the convenience to pick up my chew....yup I know....a bad habit....which I picked up some 45 years ago when I was working machine maintenance in the factory....besides it's really the last bad habit I have....and I think everyone needs at least once....besides that's my story and I'm sticking to it....and I didn't want to be carrying that much money with me....so took a quick trip and out the side door up the hill to the ATM....bank is right next to my lodgings....so got everything I wanted....except for the horseradish root....had no soon got back to my rooms and a knock on the door....housekeeping....an just a few minutes later got a phone call from my brother....my sis and her hubby are headed south for the winter on Sunday....and a get-together has be planned for Saturday evening....of course the call took probably 30+ minutes....and music was as/usual the topic [bro taught instrumental music in public schools for years]....after all that had happened started to prepare my second meal and realized I should have checked the pantry before my walk and should have stopped at Aldi as well [walked right past it]....so off again to pickup just a couple of items....and yes I bought bananas....and the last wedge of Romanian cave cheese they had....so I now have the wedge I'm using and  2 backups....so been a busy day....
   Last checks on email and FB....a snack and off to bed....can't eat 1st meal tomorrow as I have a Doc's appointment at 09:00 and must fast so Dracula can draw my blood for testing....and yes I do call the nice lady who takes the blood for testing Dracula....and she laughs....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment