Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

[20:01 UTC-4]
[+45*F..fair..winds: n/e@2 mph..humidity: 72%..barometer: 30.04"~..rain  tomorrow & Thursday]..
[Now Playing: "Classical Autumn" [listen]],,
   Took my regularly scheduled walk to Big Lots this morning....didn't get more than a bottle of dried chives and a bag of white cheddar corn puffs....and then a quick stop at Aldi on the way back to my rooms three bananas, an english cucumber and a bag  of green onions or you can all them spring onions or even scallions....there are several different varieties....what you call them just depends  on where and probably when you grew up....when I was a kid we lived in a rural area to the east of Buffalo NYS....and had a big garden....and a chicken coop with 12 residents....and we'd always plant green onions....most of which never made it to the kitchen....dad had made a small shelf above the outside water faucet....a shaker of salt, one of pepper & a cruet of vinegar was always there in nice weather....and many of the veggies never got any closer to the kitchen....and especially the green onions....
   Also just walked the loop I often do in the evening....but as the days grow shorter heading towards the winter solstice if I do walk....it will be in the afternoon....and if that fails there are always the hallways here....which I often walk in the winter when I can't get out....
   "Trollie's Game Room" is already buttoned up for the day....I got involved both online and off and missed a importunity by nearly an hour....so decided to close up shop as it where early....me and typing on a keyboard when I'm tired is a non-starter....because of my essential tremors it's a challenge even when I'm wide awake....but when tired....oy vey....still a few other things to wrap up....a snack and off to bed....nit all...  

No comments:

Post a Comment