Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, October 7, 2019

[21:02 UTC-4]
[+57*F....fair....winds: s/s/w@8 mph....humidity: 85%....barometer: 30.12 /\]....
[forecast for fair weather through Friday....daytime highs in the mid-60's]....
[Now Playing: "Hellfighters" [link]]....
   I spent the day in the usual way....some online Poker and playing solitaire online....the overnight rain stopped late morning and mid-afternoon took a walk first to Dollar Tree....a rib sandwich and a bottle of Saxon spice....got a bottle awhile ago....like it and Dollar Tree has it at a good price....then off to T.J. Maxx....a bottle of Roasted Garlic, Rosemary & Sea Salt....interesting and it will definitely find a place in the spice rotation....but apparently I'm know there....I came up to the check-out counter and the girl [she's waited on me before] said "What did you find today?"....and she remember I never take the receipt....so then off to Price Chopper which was the reason for the walk in the first place....stopped at the other two stores because all three are in the same plaza....I realized today that I need more horseradish root....and just my luck they were out of it....I still have a little left....and have processed horseradish I can use it a pinch but there are things 1 prefer the fresh ground in....so I'll check back later in the week....did get some ginger root which I've been wanting to try, a red bell pepper....a bottle of Wasabi Sauce w/ginger....has quite a "punch" but in moderation a nice addition....and a sourdough baguette..21" of baguette....now because I walk and carry a sling bag everything goes in the bag....which is maybe 15" wide....now usually there is someone in the backing department who will cut it in pieces for me so I can fit in it in my bag....but not today....so I wedged it in the sling bag....closed the zipper snug on it....and off I went back to my rooms with about 6 or 7 inches of the baguette sticking out the side....I cut it into two 6" pieces & two 4.5" pieces....perfect sandwich size....and yes I did measure the cuts with my 6" ruler....had a sandwich earlier and the hassle of getting it home was well worth it.....
   Only emails to check and a quick check of FB and I'm off to bed....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment