Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, February 1, 2021

 *[16:50 UTC-5]*[18*F/+5*F(w/windchill)/+11*F(overnight low)_fair_wins from the northeast@11 mph_humidity:55%_barometer: 30.08"\/_Tuesday's Hi/Lo:27*F/+19*F_snow showers_winds from the northeast@12 mph_humidity:80%_snow expected to begin about 04:00 Tuesday and continue thru 08:00 Wednesday morning..2 to 4 inches expected]*
*[This Evening in Madtrollie;[MT-Today's Loop;[[note]: a couple of pieces by Bach & some Celtic music are in the loop this evening];]*
   I'm not exactly sure why but I have an idea that it was probably the two walks I took yesterday,,but although I went to bed around my usual 20:00 time..I never surfaced until nearly 05:00..which put me as we would have said back in the day..behind the 8-ball..and yes I was a pretty good stick at one time but my game was 9-ball..because I was running behind..left my posting of my poker results to after I had finished my games and had eaten a meal..but had everything wrapped up by just after 15:00..watched some TV and caught up with my modding duties on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..we've been having a issue with bitcoin scammers who have been trying to join the group..I've blocked the same dude three different times..and some of the other mods have blocked him too..he changes his name..and where he's from but..he always uses the same picture of him in his Ferrari..or at least he'd like peeps to think it his..now it is a fact that I was born in the morning but it wasn't this morning..oy vey..../....When I was in college I used to play at a pool hall in the city the college I attended was in..well pool hall in front..what when on in back thru the door where the very large italian gentleman always sat is unknown(wink)..but there was this guy who played there as well.."Johnson City Slim"..so one day I'm just practicing & he comes in with a couple of guys..casually walks by me and whispers "miss a few"..then I hear from the front of the room I could beat you two straight pool to 120 balls dollar a ball with that kid on the back table..I said to "What have you gotten me into"..he says "no sweat..we got 'um covered"..first guy breaks and makes 18 balls..I ran 36 and had a problem..asked "Slim..will there be a problem if I hit a safe..he just chuckled and look at the gentleman sitting by the backdoor"..anyways hit the safe..their guy scratched..Slim ran 84 balls in-a-row..they left and he handed me a fifty..we played 9-ball together often and played pretty even..but the college moved and my career as a pool hustler was at an end..true story..../....still a few details to wrap up..ergo.."nite all"....[17:36 UTC=5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment