Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, February 18, 2021

 *[16:23 UTC-5]*[+25*F/+17*F(w/windchill)/+18*F(overnight low)_winds from the southwest@8 mph_humidity:55%_barometer: 30.38"\/_Friday's Hi/Lo:29*F/+11*F_mostly cloudy_winds light and variable_humidity:80%_50% of snow from now until 22:00 Friday..only about an inch of new snow expected]*
*[Tonight on MT-Today's Finds Medieval_Celtic_Wagner]*
   It took me awhile to fall asleep last night but finally did..awoke about 02:00..rolled back over and the next time I saw the clock it was 05:00..so got a late start on the day..had checked in on the FB groups I mod..played a little over an hour of poker on "Pokerist" and made my daily postings to "Trollie's Game Room" was just past 08:00..decided to eat first meal and then walk to Aldi..so just before 09:00 headed to the east..first section of the sidewalk was ok..about like the other day but apparently  the vendor on the next property had scraped the walk..and left a pile of snow in the middle at the property line..got over that and quickly discovered on had hit a patch of ice..and lost my footing..fortunately I was able to regain my balance..with the cane and the hard packed snow bank to my left..and I'm also sure my guardian angel was also involved..over the course of my life and some of the stunts and klutz moves I've made I'm sure my guardian angel draws hazardous duty pay..anyways I found  spots with better footing and got to Aldi without further incident..just the typical fare..had a nice chat with one of the managers..who I knew before I started shopping there..her husband was a few years back the handyman at the hotel I live in..both are good people..and the kid who checked me out is a riot..(I say kid but she's probably in her late 40s/early 50s..but still a kid from my advanced years)..we give each other a "hard time" but 'tis all in fun..and by-enlarge the crew over there are very nice people ..ergo on the way back to my digs I took to the street..traffic was light..and I stayed on the shoulder of the street..figuring that I had a far less chance of getting hit by a car than I would have falling down and breaking my tuckus if I tried the sidewalk again..was after 14:00 before I had all my online ducks in-a-row..showered and meds taken..watched a "Bones" episode at 15:00..and then sat down where I am right now..still a few minor details to deal with before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[16:55 UTC-5]..../.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment