Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, February 25, 2021

 *[15:03 UTC-5]*[+32*F/+21*F(w/windchill)/+17*F_partly cloudy_winds from the west@15 mph_humidity:53%_barometer:30.20"/\ _some light snow possible in the overnight hours..Friday's Hi/Lo:34^F/24*F_partly cloudy_ winds from the s/s/w@5 to 10 mph shifting to the s/s/e during the day@ 10 to 20 mph..humidity:65%]*[On MT-Today's Playlist..Bach..Celtic..Medieval..Chant]*
   Had a decent nights sleep and the day was going well and just before 09:00 decided to take the walk to Aldi and pickup a few groceries..nothing out of the ordinary managed to sneak into my bag which a departure from the ordinary..but on the way there for the most part the rain and warmer weather yesterday had cleared all but about 40 feet of the sidewalks down to ice free if a little wet..now that 40 some odd feet..what a mess..got thru it on the way there but decided not to tempt fate or stress out my guardian angel..ergo..after checking the math decided that the odds of me falling and busting my tuckus or a more vital spot on the ole bod..was far greater than me getting hit by a car..traffic was light..so on the way back avoided the ice and took to the street..../....years ago during the summer between semesters in college I would run all summer to get in shape for fall sports..and most summers would run in a couple of AAU sanctioned 20K road races..and worked at the same shop as my dad..would ride with him to work but run home..distance to work in the car about 3 miles..distance running home about 10 miles..didn't exactly take the shortest route..one night about a miles from home was running past the high school sports fields and on the porch of a house on the other side of the street was an older woman and her little dog..now I wasn't on the sidewalk but on the side of the street and the dog came a running at me and nipped at my heals..well I turn and put my foot under the dog and flipped onto the grass..I didn't kick it..well the woman comes charging off the porch yelling "you stay right there I'm calling the cops"..i responded "You Call the police..I was not on your property and your dog was not leashed (city had/has a leach ordinance)..so she picks up the dog and walks away and I finished my run..next time I went home that way she was on the porch..dog was leashed and she was giving me the "evil eye"..after that I decided to change my route home..../....Still a shower and meds to be taken..a meal and ???? (haven't decided yet)..ergo..night all....]15:43 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment