Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, February 22, 2021

 *[16:34 UTC-5]*[+32*F/+22*F(w/windchill)/+28*F(overnight low)_cloudy_snow intermittent thru most of Tuesday_winds from the s/s/w@15 mph_humidity:84%_barometer:29.61"\/_Tuesday's Hi/Lo:+35*F/+26*F_cloudy to mostly cloudy_winds from the s/s/w @10 to 20 mph_humidity:90%_A "Winter Storm Warning" is in affect thru 01:00 Tuesday]*
*[Playing on MT-Today's Finds_Featured this evening: Corelli_Chant_Medieval_Celtic & Brahms]*
   One look at the weather forecast for today made me decided not to take the planned walk for today to the convenience store..wasn't the threat of a little snow that made me change my plans..rather it was the predicted winds of 20 to 30 mph..the very thought of trying to walk the snow covered and possibly slippy sidewalks in winds that strong with my balance issues stemming from my essential tremors frankly was a very scary thought..ergo..no walk for this gimpy_grumpy codger today..I may well be crazy but I 'tain't stupid..../....I've been running behind my usual schedule most of the day..both the groups I moderate on FB have been busier that/usual..and have spent more time on that I usually do..and on top of that for whatever reason my joints have been a little stiffer than normal and I've had a few more small tremors..don't know exactly why..but it's been the case..../ ....Someone posted to one of my groups the Larson cartoon "The Parakeet of the Baskervilles"..which got me thinking..years ago we kept both parakeets and cats..the birds' cages were hung from the ceiling so the cats couldn't reach them..one day  we were cleaning the large males' cage..had it on the counter in the kitchen when one of the cats..the alpha female..jumped up on the counter and pressed her face against the cage..I was about to intervene..when the bird hopped down his perch..look at the cat ..and pecked her on the nose..well that dang cat took off like she'd been shot..and after that anytime we were cleaning the birds' cages she was no way to be found..../....have almost all my ducks in-a-row save for a couple of the rowdy ducklings..some decent TV on tonight for a change and a meal to be consumed..ergo.."nite all"....[17:04 UTC-5]..../....[[note]: have placed a copy of the aforementioned Larson cartoon in the footer]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment