Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, February 7, 2021

 *[15:21 UTC-5]*[+24*/+13*F(w/windchill)/+6*F(overnight low)_cloudy_winds west@12 mph_humidity:74%_barometer:29.92"~ _Monday's Hi/Lo"+23*F/+15*F_cloudy_winds from the s/s/w@ 5 to 10 mph..swinging to the s/s/e in the evening..some light snow expected after mid-night/Tuesday morning]**[This Afternoon on MadTrollie:[MT-Today's Loop];[Featuring: Celtic & Medieval];]*
   We got lucky..we may have gotten three inches of snow here in the small city I live in..but it wouldn't surprise me id the area to the south and East of us a high plateau called Tug Hill got quite a but more than we did..During the Winter of '77 we got about 280" of snow in the city..but up on Tug Hill there got 350" at a record station at Sear's Pond on Tug Hill..now that weekend my farther-in-law and I went trout fishing up there..some really nice trout streams up there..some stocked fish but also so native trout..and there were still drifts of snow on the north slopes of some of the hills..so I was recounting the story to one of the other maintenance guys were I worked and he had a better one..he'd but up there as well..had been driving along one of the logging roads...went around a curve and got stuck in a 3 foot snow drift..but over the last few years "wind farms" have been built on the Tug Hill Plateau..the largest is "Maple Ridge Wind Farm"..a couple of years ago the crew that was adding the last 100 turbines up there stayed in the hotel I live in....[15:47 UTC-5]....Just got back from a trip to the lobby and have my traditional toffee coffee.. made the "rounds" as it were on FB..checking my alerts and tending to my mod duties on to different groups..and decided I'd better sit myself down and finish my posting here for the day..TNT is showing "Justice League" started about an hour or so ago but had some details to take care of so decided to get every thing else finished and then just watch the last part..I've seen it many times before..played a short session of "Pokerist" as well as a few off-line concerns..and have no intention of watching "The Super Bowl"..over the years for many reasons have just lost interest in what we from the USA incorrectly call "football"..anyways ..things to do before I take my rest..ergo.."nite  all"....[16:31 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment