Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, April 4, 2021

 *[16:33 UTC-4]*[+55*F_sunny_winds northwest@11 mph_humidity:36%_barometer:30.10"\/_overnight Lo::33*F_partly cloudy_ w/n/w@5 to 10_humidity:63%_Monday's HI:53*F_mostly sunny_winds from the northwest@10-15 mph_humidity:51%_overnight Lo:+32_mostly cloudy_winds from the north@5 to 10_humidity:65%]**]On MT-Today's Playlist..Bard/Tavern Song..Celtic]*
   Got taking care of some things on FB last night and by the time I had my before bedtime snack and took care of a couple of routine offline things I do every night was almost 20:30 before I retired for the day..another decent nights sleep but never surfaced until 04:30..but got right into the day's online activities and was all done with the usual number of games by just past 12:30..had my traditional sandwich..ripple chips & today a Dr. Pepper,,and took a walk around my oft-mentioned loop..encount-ered the soul Canada Goose again..asked her what the deal was and she only hissed at me..[shrug]..on the way back it was warm enough for an ice cream treat..got a ice cream sandwich made with Toll House cookies @Dollar General..very nice...and played a few more games..and have dealt with the daily shower & meds..I was reading a post on an FB group for peeps 55&older who grew up in the Buffalo Area..one of the posts was "What was you're best Easter ever"..well Wilbur..all I could  think of was my worst Easter ever..the plant I worked at for 35 years was right next to the Black River..we had had a very heavy snowfall that year and the water level was one of the highest every recorded..way past flood stage..just before 13:00 got a call..there was about 2 feet of water surrounding the factory..I was in-charge shipping/warehousing..storage trailers to move..get finished goods off the first floor to a satellite warehouse..and supervisor the building of a dike around our four 120K pound capacity each silos..all the time wading thru 2+ feet of water..oy vey..so 11:00 the next morning I had everything I needed to get done..done..checked with the GM..and called the wife and was just about out the door..when one of the "suits"..who had just arrived..wanted me to supervise the crew sand-bagging..I looked at him..and told him..I've been here 22 hours..I'm spent..you just need to find some-body else..I had a sneakin' suspicion he was told to do it..I just left..only thing I enjoyed about it was the next weeks pay check..I bought a new set of golf clubs..../....still a few things to do before I take my rest..a meal..maybe a sit down outside..??..anyways ..ergo.."nite all".....[17:04 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment