Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

 *[15:53 UTC-4]*[+56*F_fair_winds from thew/s/w@9 mph_humidity:22%_barometer:30.01"\/_overnight Lo:36*F_partly cloudy _winds from the e/s/e@5 to 10_humidity:55%_Wednesday Hi:+67*F_partly cloudy_winds from the northeast@5 to 10 mph_ humidity:51%_overnight Lo:45*F_mostly clear_winds from the east@5 to 10 mph_humidity:72%]*
*[On MT-Today's Playlist..Celtic..Bard/Tavern Song]*
   It's a long standing habit of my to have music playing in the background when I study or am writing..posting to my blogs now..I started it while in college to help drown out the hubbub in the dorm and it usually worked..one Friday night when I was a 3rd year..had spent time in the Etymology reference room in the library until 20:00..when the visiting ladies had to leave..got back to the dorm and wanted to do an outline for one of the 25-8 to 12 page papers i had due that semester..but there a bunch of 1st years still raising a ruckus in the main lounge and my room was in the suite just off the lounge..had a soccer game the next day..we were traveling..an early start and I needed to finish the outline and get some sleep..so into the lounge and ask nicely if they could hold it done to a dull roar..one of them..a big dude..over 6' tall and maybe 195 lbs.. got in my face..I was just under 5'8" tall and 150 lbs maybe..well we ended up on the mats in the upper lounge..I guess he didn't know I wrestled..and I admit that most of the holds I used weren't strictly legal in amateur wrestle..and I was shall we say a bit annoyed with him..I knocked him around pretty good..after that..if the noise from the lounge was too loud..all I  had to do was stand in the suite door..and everyone would disappear..some times there's more than one way to skin the proverbial cat..../....a decent nights sleep..pretty normal start to the day..and a quick session on "Pokerist"..and even with taking an hour off for 1st meal and an NCIS episode..was all done with the routine run of games..had a quick meal..just warmed up a pre-made burrito..chips & a soda..and took a leisurely walk round "The Loop"..a sit-down and a stop on the way back at Dollar General for just a few of my normal needs..and then back to the rooms..../....still a few things that need my attention and I believe another sit-down on the back lawns to enjoy this very nice day maybe in order..ergo.."nite all"....[16:36 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment