Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

 *[15:46 UTC-4]*[+68*F_sunny_winds from the n/n/e@10 mph_humidity:34%_barometer:300.00"\/_overnight Lo:+45*F_mostly clear_east@5 to 10 mph_humidity:65%_Thursday's Hi:75*F_mostly sunny_southeast@5 to 10_humidity:57*_overnight Lo:51*F _clear_winds from the southeast@5 to 10 mph_humidity:59%]*[On MT-Today's Playlist..Bard/Tavern..Celtic..Chant]*
   Another decent night's sleep and online just after a short session of "Pokerist" and a short break for first meal..only watched the first half of the NCIS episode..one of the "Halloween" episodes and not a particular favorite of mine and was all done with the normal cycle of games back just past 12:30..a quick sandwich..ripple chips & today a diet Coke..and off to take my stroll around the oft mentioned "loop"..took a little less time than/usual not because I walked any faster but didn't take as long of a sit-down as/normal..a a stop at Dollar General on the way back to my rooms..a jug of the store brand vegetable juice & a Heath bar.. played a few games..set up my game sheets for tomorrow..checked tomorrow'S  TV schedule & record the weather and entered today's header for posting..../....and with the weather so nice had a sit down on the back lawns and watched a woodchuck..aka: ground hog..munching away on the green grass..a little one no bigger than a grey squirrel..and got to thinking about when I was a kid..a farmer family we knew had an "egg farm" and 100s of chickens which they free-ranged long before that became popular.. but to protect against predators they had guinea fowl & boarder collie's in the field with them..they decided that the oldest of the female collies was too old to "work" the field so just let her hang out in the yard..well that year they also raised some duck for their use and one of the female ducks got hit by a tractor..and the collie "adopted" the ducklings..you'd ride by and see her with her brood laying  in the sun..one day I rode by and the collie was swimming in the farm pot with "'V" shaped group of ducklings swimming behind her..I laughed so hard I nearly fell of my bike..../....about two hours before I take my leave of the day's activities and take my rest..still a meal to consume..nothing with my time on the TV..a couple more check-ins on the two FB groups where I'm an admin or mod..and more games(?)..or just wander around YT to see what I can find..regardless of what I do it's time that I bide you a "Good Night All"....[18:07 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment