Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, July 30, 2021

 *[16:22 UTC-4]*[+66*F_mostly cloudy_winds from the northwest@14  mph_humidity:52%_barometer:29.91"~_overnight Lo: +47*F_cloudy>party cloudy_winds from the northwest@10>15 mph_humidity:72%_Saturday's Hi:+70*F_partly cloudy>cloudy 
w/a stray shower/T-storm possible_winds from the west@10>15_humidity:57%_overnight Lo:+57*F_ cloudy w/a 50% chance 
of rain after mid-night_winds south@54>10 mph_humidity:80%]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
   I had mentioned last night that I would probably go to the bank today but wait to Saturday to go to Aldi..but after perusing my pantry & frig this morning whilst assembling 1st meal decided that except for bananas today would be better provided I could find some green bananas so just before 09:00 off I went & in retrospect they didn't have any bananas green enough (so with the rains predicted for Sunday will probably head back that way & get a couple & maybe stop at Big Lots as well}..because when I got to packing up my purchase I had a difficult time getting everything I had bought into my sling bag.. back when I was running a shipping/receiving department in a small factory the guys who worked for me used to say if I couldn't pack it..it couldn't be packed..(I rate very high in the cognitive skill spacial relationships)..I got everything in..well..there was corner of a box of cherry grain bars peeking over the top..but I didn't want to use the cloth bag I have with me..because the short cut to the bank is steep & if I carry something in my left hand it throws off my balance..(sling carried in the "small:of my back..anyways a word from my rural past came to mind "I had made a blivet"..didn't know if it was a "real" word..so off to Google: Blivet[link] anything overfilled ..origin unknown but probably coined by American GIs in WWII..ah..all for of my uncles & my dad served during WWII..but not how we defined it..ergo checked an Urban dictionary[link} close but not quite..when I was a kid "in the sticks" we defined it as "10 lbs. of manure in a 5 lb. bag"..I've mention my adventures crossing Arsenal St before..or is it rather my miss-adventures..today ..light comes on..SUV with the left turn signal on..I waited..he waited..I took off..tipped my hat..he waved & waited until I was clear..my first thought was "dang..somebody other than me has actually read the NYS traffic regs..got my "ten day walking around money" & back to my rooms..the rest of the day has processed pretty much like most of my days..../....just a few more tasks before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[17:07 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment