Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

 *[15:47 UTC-4]*[+70*F_partly cloudy_we are under a "Severe Thunder Storm Warning thru 23:00 this evening[have placed copy of the warning in the footer]_winds from west@11 mph_humidity:67%_barometer:29.86"\/_overnight Lo:+60*F_T-storms early then varying clouds w/a 70% chance of rain overnight thru 07:00 Wednesday_winds from the w/n/w@10>15 mph_humidity:88% _Wednesday's Hi:+75*F_Am:clouds/PM:partly cloud w/a chance of a stray rain/T-storm_winds from the north@5>10 mph_humid-ity:71%_overnight Lo:+55*F_mostly clear_winds from the northwest@5>10 mph_humidity:80%]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
*[17:29 UTC-4]* as I sit here this evening I'm freshly showered & meds taken & the storm is upon us..we're getting some heavy rains & I've see some flashes of lightning in the distance but nothing close so far & haven't really heard any thunder but then I live in a cement block building & I'm somewhat deaf to boot..it would have to be real close..I've been periodically checking the local radar but as of yet no near misses & as of right now no disruptions of either power or wifi..(obviously)..another decent night''s sleep with only one interruption & was up & at 'um before 04:00 & was playing on "Replay Poker" in general not a very good session..I wasn't catching & was trying for the most part to stay out of the way of a mega-pot-pusher..but caught one good hand & left the game with more chips than I had brung with me..../....had everything well in hand & took the quick walk up the hill to the bank for my "10 day walking around money"..would have been all done with my day's game playing before 15:00 except because today was Tuesday had my weekly visit from housekeeping..the ladies do a very competent job at something I'm because of my age am unable to do & quite frankly won't do it if I could..one of the "perks"  of hotel living..../....saw from the radar I had about an hour or so before the storm hit..the last time I was at Price Chopper they were out of shallots..ergo..got shallots..some garlic..a parsnip & a package of pre-bread/cooked shrimp..(pause)..a quick look out my window & checked the radar..still some rain & distant lightning..from the radar storm should be past us here by 21:30 & with any luck I'll  be sound asleep by then...../....still a meal to prepare & consume..ergo.."nite all"....[17:54 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment