Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The day at work ran…well as a day at work usually runs…not bad…not good but normal…at one point I spent the better part of an hour setting up an electric space heater under the boss’s boat because he forgot to get it winterized, and it spends the winter in my unheated warehouse, and then over an hour getting the transfers moved, semi-trailer truck combos get stuck at a drop of a hat when there is any snow or ice within 100 miles of them… speaking of snow and the fact that the city plowing crew love to fill the old trollie’s driveway to the max…they plowed tonight…not bad really…maybe a 20 minute job which I should have taken care of tonight but I am warm tonight, and don’t choose to be cold again until the ‘morrow, so will set the alarm for a few minutes early, and take care of the problem then.

Was too tired to think about cooking tonight so threw a pre-made turkey pot pie in the oven, and a couple of piece of good pumpernickel with butter and a glass of iced tea…then later opened a can of pear halves…I love pears…one of my favorite fruits…but I can’t eat canned pears without a bit of crunchy peanut butter, or fresh pears with out the accompaniment of a morsel of blue cheese…weird but then I accept my fate…

Got a dividend check from an insurance policy I hold and that should settle my fears about affording Christmas this year…haven’t decided whether to stand in line and get mall gift cards or just write checks…my nieces and nephews range in age from like 14 to 22…what do I know at 58 what they would want for a gift…other then cash or a gift card that is…

Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment