Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, December 18, 2005

So I got up with plenty of time to get to church to teach my class, looked out the front window…no new snow overnight, and failed to look out the kitchen window (the one that gives a view of the end of my drive)…well they had decided to scrape the intersection last night and cleared the wing in the end of my drive…no other drive on the street had more then 6” of plowed snow back 2’…and I had 3 feet of hard of hard packed snow back 6”…(trollie contemplates mayhem).

Class went okay other then the fact that I had a very dry throat and a coughing fit. The church choir presented a Christmas cantata today (I haven’t sung with them this fall but plan to rejoin in the winter/spring), and did a really nice job…bass section could use another strong voice but it went fine. And a very interesting piece, not only was the music and rhythms different from the norm of those pieces, but the way in which the Christmas story was presented was a departure from the usual form…really a very interesting, thought provoking, well done piece of music…

No comments:

Post a Comment