Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, December 11, 2005

I felt lousy this morning and the trend has continued all day, despite the fact that in many ways it was a good day. I slept in taught my adult Christian education class and then went to second service, the kid’s Christmas program. They did a very nice job. One of the numbers was accompanied by a group of teens, piano, violin, and bass guitar. The combo of piano and the bass reminded me that as much as music changes it remains the same. One of the key features of the baroque period was the use of the basso continuo…a keyboard instrument and either a cello or double bass playing the bottom note of the chord…and the combo of the piano with bass playing the bottom note of the chord, while the music may be contemporary…the style is 100’s of years old…

Saw dad at church, tuned out to be a good thing as he handed me a card and a check for my 58th birthday which is tomorrow, if he had forgotten, I might have forgotten that I was due at my daughter’s and her hubby’s place for a birthday dinner. Had complete forgotten the arrangements until dad’s action. Dang…trollie’s memory is getting badddddddd!!!!!!!!.

A very satisfying lunch, SJ had made an orange glazed duck, some wonderful crab and tofu dumplings (although I hate “tofu” I love bean curd, yeah I know same, same but the difference in semantics is what I hold on to). Some absolutely fine marinated mushrooms, strawberry/rhubarb pie, and an excellent NYS wine.

The rest of the day has been a total blur. I watched the final of survivor. How could two players (Raph and Steph, play an absolutely prefect game, and then when they had control take Danni and not Lydia to the final 3)? Just a stupid mistake, when discussing the game with the other survivor buffs at work, weeks ago I had said that none of the players could beat Danni in the finally 2, that was at 5 or 6 remaining, and they had to vote her off or she would be the winner. Unfortunately for the two who actually controlled the game (that is Raph and Steph, they did not have the advantage of my advice).

Anywho…I am in the middle of one of those moments that have been all too common of late. While the body has long since required that I sleep, the mind is whirling and the subject of bed and sleep is not being considered. I was originally planning to take tomorrow off, I still have a day and a half vacation left, and thought that birthday would be a great vacation day…however I have an emergency load on the ‘morrow, and since I think it might ended up a “clown car” day, I really should attend…I hate it when my dedication to responsibility and “duty” out weighs what I should really do for myself…

No comments:

Post a Comment