Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, December 12, 2005

It was my birthday today, and although I really had no plans, I’m glad I didn’t because the day started out bad, and got worse.

First: I forgot to reset the alarm to the correct time and almost was late for work.

Second: got to work and the truck for the west coast load was already there, problem, I haven’t even got the order yet, have no ideas what’s on it, and no time to prep the load…

Third: twisted the old back trying to get the frozen stiff dock plate to deploy.

Fourth: had to spend the next two hours, driving forklift in an unheated, freezing warehouse, which aggravated the back, and got the arthritis going in the knees.

Fifth: totally screwy afternoon just could get any thing done.

Sixth: finally got the second trailer back from repair (a good thing) except…timing was lousy…needed to unload the other one, but had to run day end….so…

Seventh: ended up staying an hour and a half over, which was spent again in the afore mentioned unheated warehouse, on the afore mentioned forklift….with the temperature now approaching 0*F… I ache all over, I’m frozen stiff…and I had several household tasks planned for tonight…

/rant…

So I ended up with take out, a very hot bath, and probably a second one before bed. A nice hot pot of coffee, and I am on the mend. Well attitude wise anyways. Not the best of birthdays but…oh and you better believe that the dang housework has been put off until the 'morrow.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Trollie! sorry to hear you had a bad day at work, maybe you'll have time to do something enjoyable and relaxing this weekend to make up for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Trollie! Things will get better for I hope. If not, we can always PRD PnP's holdings. That should cheer ya up.

    ReplyDelete