Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

We got another 4” to 6” of snow today, and were pretty hairy just after work, but needed to do the grocery thing tonight because I need to do the Christmas shopping thing tomorrow. Although the list for that had shortened considerably…

I was planning on giving mall gift cards to nieces, nephews, daughter and son-in-law…found out today that the mall is now charging $2.50 per card…you got to be kidding me…so it will be the Christmas card and a check for those on that list…

2 comments:

  1. I find the 2.50 charge absolutely appaulling! Jeez, those cards can't cost them more than a penny each (that's being generous!)to manufacture. It's bad enough that they charge a % service charge if the cards are not used within one calendar year! I agree with you Trollie, it's probably better to just write checks :) Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Woe is me! The surprise is ruined!

    The excuse I've heard they're using to charge 2.50 now is that instead of expiring after one year, they never expire now. I was slightly appalled when I found out as well.

    ReplyDelete