Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Work went pretty well today, but tomorrow with one outbound and Friday with 2 outbounds, both partial hand loads could get strange. And the driver tomorrow wants to pick up right at 8 AM…sorry…guess again…

I start at 8 and have a “programmed” first 30-45 minutes. Now when I have the second guy in the department, then an at 8 AM load is possible, but when alone as I am right now…forget about it…besides when I’m shipping outbound freight, just who is the vendor and who is the customer…take a chill pill son, I’ll get to it when I get to it…

After my aborted attempt to do the old boiled dinner last night, I decided to up the ante…and add a few things to the pot…and as I would normally do my weekly shopping tomorrow anyways, decided to do it tonight while I was in the store…already had one very nice unsalted beef brisket, turnip, cabbage, garlic, the bay leaves, and of course salt and pepper, to that was added some baby red creamery potatoes, some fresh horseradish root, and got some small boiling onions which subbed in for the basic yellow onions I had…3 and a half hours later, maybe the best boiled dinner yet. But then with working all day 8:30 PM is a little late for dinner. Therefore (dang I wish I could find a reasonable font set that had the 3 little triangular dots for therefore) had a light dinner about 5:45 of clam strips w/iced tea… and then a nice boiled dinner and coffee for a mid evening supper (about 8:30)…and then a bit of ye old brisket on a hard roll about 9:45…also scored a couple of trays of bay scallops, and a nice pound and a half pork roast on manager special. I love scallops, particularly the bay variety…only do them one-way…sauté the afore mentioned scallops with evoo, garlic, shallots, salt and pepper, and just before they’re finished add a couple of tablespoons of butter, and then either eat as is or over pasta…but right before the fork (if with pasta) or chopsticks (if as is) picks up those succulent little rascals…a squeeze of fresh lemon juice…

Still have a few things I need to pick up, but will do that when I do the banking, gassing the car, paying the bills thing tomorrow. Just didn’t feel like driving cross-town tonight to the usual “pickup the staple foodstuffs” place tonight. The grocery I use 95% of the time is north side, as opposed to my south side home, but less then5 minutes from where I work…

No comments:

Post a Comment