Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The making up of a bed for sleep should be one of life’s simplest tasks. After years of experience as to what is required as far as pillow arrangement and amount and style of cover, fabric type and arrangement of said blankets, the arrangement and the order of assembly of said covers should be rote, a no brainier. However when the presences of cats are added to the equation all bets are off. I have two cats that think that in actuality my bed is really theirs, and the third cat thinks that it is necessary that since I have no real ability to make the bed without their help, they must assist me. It is a rare occurrence when the simple process of making a bed doesn’t result in a fat, purring, hairy lump in the covers…dang.

I think I may finally kick the watching survivor habit; this result really pissed me off. The best player never actually wins the game; the player who pissed the fewest other players off wins the game. Danni did not play the best game; clearly Steph and or Raph played the best game, although clearly Ralf made a fatal error by convincing Steph to vote off Lydia and not Danni at the 4. The root problem with the game is that the players who were voted off chose the winner, and they tend not to vote for the remaining of the two which played the best game, but rather for the one that did not have a hand in their exist, and they if they had any integrity at all would vote for the one that out witted them…but that simply is against human nature…the best almost never wins…the one with the fewest enemies wins…dang…in reality a very stupid game… if you play to win we probably won’t…if you don’t play to win…but fortune puts you in the final two you probably will…stupid game…why do I watch it when my fav never wins…

1 comment:

  1. i'm compelled to comment on the making of beds...

    I've been a nurse for decades, and when I used to work on the wards, my favorite part of the job was making beds. I love crisp, hospital corners.

    And at home there's nothing more inviting than smooth, clean sheets.

    ReplyDelete