Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dang…despite it being late my mind is active…and I’m thinking of the two Jamies tonight…I’ve known two married couples in my lifetime with the same first name…at least phonically…when in college I knew a couple…Gene A Smith married Jean A Smith…anyways a couple of years ago Jamie and Jamie started attending our church Jamie (the hubby) is a career NCO with the military on his last tour of duty and his last deployment …he’s in Iraq due back in August…Jamie (the wife…with 2 kids is an active member of the church)…they are from the south and Jamie ( the hubby) played back up acoustic guitar, and back up vocals with the worship team until he was deployed to Iraq…and lead a few times…when he lead the style went to down home country…now mind you the mad one is not versed in down home country…I took classical piano from age 6 to 12…I played horn in f with my school band…( an instrument rarely if ever found in a country and western band)…and have been lead high tenor in the local choral society for years…classical…and particularly sacred choral is my gig…and I just had a blast singing with this gifted…committed…beautiful person…even if it did force me “out of the box”…dang…I wasn’t even in a universe I recognized…come back in one piece my friend…the mad one misses you…and his prayers are with you

No comments:

Post a Comment