Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, June 5, 2006

Work was well work…spent too much time today trying to figure out the new calculators that they bought for QC…every time QC gets new calculators they throw them on my desk with a figure out how to get the results we need and write out a card for them to follow…well these don’t have an “auto” CV function…and since it’s been several years since I’ve taken statistical mathematics, like 40 years…I had forgotten the formula to figure CV’s…so after much frustration…and showing the QC supervisor how to do the MA and the SD…I was walking to my office to access the internet to find the formula and it hit me CV=SD/MA…duh…I guess old age has run me over like a run away truck…so I get the one figured out and show the series of steps necessary and he looks at me and says way to many steps…sorry but that’s what it takes…I’ve got two other calculators to try to look at but as they add more possible functions to scientific calculators it seems that even the simple functions require more steps…the other two have instruction sheets with type so small that trollie’s old eyes are having a problem with them…the “mag” glass is going to work tomorrow but I doubt that I can come up with a simplistic way to get what they want…I would like to say to them, “Look I may have the best math mind here but if the calculator is designed to function in a certain way , that’s the way it is…live with it”. And it ain’t my fault…and next time figure the d*mn things out yourself…now that ain’t going to happen…

Had things I should have done tonight…but just spent a gentle night with my cats…a little take out for dinner…some home made barbecues for a late supper…and a little tube…well a whole lot of tube…have avoided the net tonight until just a bit ago…

Have an outbound load tomorrow…a messed up load but will survive…

Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment