Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The production super and I had a meeting this AM with a material handling vendor very productive…and the was the last truly productive moment of the day…I had 2 or three critical things to attend to today and I no soon got to my desk to deal with said items when then dang phone would ring and I would be interrupted by that which was not critical…nor important…nor even mildly necessary…it seems like everyone upstairs is of the opinion that I sit at my desk twiddling my thumbs…and are at their immediate beck and call when they have forgot the same dang thing I’ve told them for the upteenth time…

Why is it that information that is crucial to me is always transmitted by emails…and unless you happen to be at the ‘puter for the 10 seconds or so the that the alerts shows there is no longer a term alert to an incoming email…but the trivial…the things I could deal with any time in the next 3 days and be on top of it…they always phone with the attitude that if I don’t respond 3 hours ago the world will come to an end…we have peeps upstairs that never email…and those that never phone…and those that phone what should be emails…and emails what should be phone calls…and only one that ever gets it right more then 75% of the time…

(/trollie’s work rant for the day)

Cut the grass tonight and a bit of trimming…just am not that enthused about the yard work and the flower beds this year…have decided to take a more rustic approach…a more natural feel…it just happens to be there…. no design…nature intended it that way…yeah I know an absolute cop out…but live and learn…life is what it is and we have the energy and desire to do what we do and it takes a severe left turn as we get older…

A little tube tonight…watched “lift up your voice” and “rose” two totally different flicks but both enjoyable…

Need to stay on the vendor that runs the transfers at work…it’s like pulling teeth to get 2 a week and I need a minimum of 3…would change vendors but they got me over a barrel…they are the only one left…unless I want to pay a “we really don’t what to do this but we will if your willing to pay twice what the job is worth” quote…besides we’ve only used that vendor for one job and they made a mess of it…dang

(Trollie apologizes for re-opening his work rant but live and learn children)

Had a chat with daughter a couple of nights ago…she has applied for a new position…maybe not ideal on some points…my brother is in the same racket and has informed me of the draw backs of the job the d-lady is applying for but it would change her 40 mile one way commute everyday to an 11 mile one way commute…

Dad has been in the hospital again for the 2nd time with cellulites and the 5 or 6 time he’s had it… Sis and bro and I got together the other day…he’s really gotten to the point that he needs a constant presence…I know I posted this before but it is weighing on me tonight…dad will be 91 in July…is a vet of WWII…and a good man…a hard man…one that I really loved as a pre-teen…hated as a teenager…and respected as an adult…probably a very typical reaction of a middle, male, free thinker boy child…to his dad…I really hate putting him in an adult home but don’t see an easy option…

(Trollie’s cats try to pull the mad one away from the keyboard before he writes another novella)

Have decided to play the golf outing Saturday cold…except for the last 2+ years I played golf probably 80 times a years from age 24…and I’m 58 now…in the last two+ years have maybe played 6 or 7 times and not since May of last year…here’s hoping that “muscle memory” is not a myth…but the outing is with a bunch of guys from the church I attend…and the last thing this deal is about is the golf…many of these guys are members of the 10th Mountain Division…Fort Drum…which is their home is just a couple of miles out Route 283…and I have several friends and hubbies of friends deployed right now in Iraq and Afghanistan…to many the so called “War on Terror” is a subject for philosophical debate…for me it is personal…very personal…I know the commander of the Air National Guard unit in the ‘Cuse… although he won’t give me a straight answer was in the air chasing on 9/11…to many the current wars we are engaged in as a nation…is a debate of beliefs and philosophy…to me it is faces of guys I know…of their wives who are left alone while they are engaged…and the faces…the beautiful faces of their children…often too young to understand why dad isn’t there…sometimes even born when dad was already deployed…I never could have lived that way myself…but have the deepest respect for those who do…the neat thing is the respect that is shown by the current members of the military for my dad…dad was a 2nd lieutenant in charge of a weapons platoon in an infantry company of the 66th division in WWII…he is treated with extreme honor and respect by the current members of the military…

(Trollie looks up…the mad one always write his posts in word before copying and pasting his ramblings into blogger…and realizes he’s on the 3rd pages)

Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment