Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, June 6, 2006

It’s been a mixed bag day on many levels…dad apparently had some debilitating chest pains this morning and was admitted to the hospital (he’ll be 91 in July)…he’s had some assorted physical problems lately and this is just the last in a series…

Took the mag glass to work to read the small print in the instruction books for the new QC calculators and the last of the three I tried turned out to be a charm…with just a few minor changes in the procedures to get the 3 readings they need the last one was the simplest to use…so they’ll buy about ten years supply of them and hopefully I’ll be retired before I have to go through that again…(see below post)

Had intended to have a nice flank steak I had gotten on a manager special with home fries for dinner but had gotten a late start this AM and didn’t have time to put the steak in the marinade…so had a light dinner of a bit of seafood salad with a buttered roll and put the steak in the marinade as soon as I got home…and had a late supper of said steak and home fries after worship team rehearsal at 9 PM…I love the lesser cuts of beef…more flavor then the pricier cuts and if cooked right…marinated and just a quick pan sear…can be almost as tender…the trick with flank or skirt steak is in the cutting…both have a very “grooved” appearance which allows you to identify the “grain” of the meat…if you cut with the “grooves”…therefore with the grain the meat can be very tough…regardless of how you prepare or cook it…if you cut across the “grooves” or perpendicular to the grain…it’s much better as far a tender…my preparation…cooking …and slicing were approved of by both me and cat aggie who mooched several pieces of said steak…

Rehearsal went well although we were several peeps short tonight…I look forward to rehearsal night every week…to some that might be pathetic…but I love to sing…I love music…and it’s a good bunch of peeps…

Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment